Geese Trimming the Grass

Geese Trimming the Grass
Lawnmowers

Sunday, July 19, 2015

View from the window and treasures found

So from here we can see some clearing has begun.  We have a small chainsaw that cuts out the brush. Mainly finding Sumac and Elm tree starts.  This jungle that lives here has his head and is running roughshod over this property.  The roots will have to be dug out.  Sumac sends runners and has a strong desire to live.  It reminds me of a tree form of bindweed.

In amongst the brush we have found treasures.

Two large currant bushes.  One was so completely buried in Sumac that it has received no sun in awhile.  Jim was able to carefully cut away the Sumac to allow her to find the sun. She is of course leggy and pale from lack of sunlight.  Today she is learning to stand on her own two roots!  The other shrub was over by the barn.  We will pick lots of luscious fruit from her this morning to add to our breakfast.  

Another find was this lovely blooming Cardoon.  It is big and spreading so it seems pretty happy here.  I should have fun with growing artichokes here.  

We slowly work away on the house.  Cleaning and unpacking.  The house was in quite a state.  I decided that the previous owners were blind and could not see the dirt.  Also, taking into consideration that the house was abandoned for quite a time- I think almost a year.  I spend days negotiating with spiders, ants, beetles (more on them later) and Rollie-pollies that they need to move outside.  

I am continually amazed at the validation received from the universe on the new venture.  Last week in Virginia I met another amazing soul on his journey named David.  He is involved with food distribution channels for organic and sustainable farmers.  He explained to me that it will be necessary to establish a network of distributors that take into consideration how to move the food to market so that we can grow past farm to table.  To this point I had only given thought to distributing the food through farmers markets and roadside vending. I will contact this group in Paonia, Colorado to understand their logistics to see if my little farm will merge with their channels. David thinks they don't have anyone in New Mexico yet.  I can also deliver the food also using my 1985 Mercedes wagon that runs on bio-fuel, but her range is limited.  A problem I will try to solve. 

I ponder these important questions daily.  I have to remain true to my love of the land and hoping that in my limited imprint I will remember that like a pebble dropped into a pond this energy will expand out to universe.


I have named this tree Big Mac Daddy.  It is a huge and lovely Alder tree that seems to beg children to climb him.  He will be a great place to ponder this journey and Jim and I plan on setting up a space here for meditation and resting.  

While at the Monroe Institute I was found the space to ask the universe if this plan will go forward.  I sent the message with an apple seed that I planted into the ground.  My answers were sent in picture of young apple trees that were young, growing and blooming.  Next pictures were the apple tree in fall colours.  I asked then for clarity as I saw no fruit.  Next images were of an old metal sieve with lots of pulp in the grids and a cup below the sieve full of apple juice.  The metal sieve had interesting carvings on it that looked like hieroglyphics.  Again, I feel so sound in these decisions.   

One of the best parts of my day are walking the Bosque in the morning with Jim and Kota.  The water is soothing to walk along and the trees and wildlife there are amazing and restorative.  This will be an important part of my new life.

Time to go pick some currants.  Sending this on with love and light..........................

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are well on your way - what wonderful finds under the brush!! Love that Big Mac Daddy!!

    ReplyDelete